Your cruise on Sydney Harbour includes activities that may involve considerable risks and dangers. Whilst care is taken to ensure your safety on board and in the water, we accept no responsibility for injury, damage or losses incurred. By purchasing your cruise / charter you hereby agree to the terms and conditions listed below.
General Conduct & Safety
- Always obey the safety instructions given by the skipper
- You must advise the skipper if you are not a confident swimmer
- Make it clear to us if you have food allergies or health conditions which may affect your safety on board and in the water
- Only exit / board the boat once the skipper has advised it is save to do so
- Wear suitable footwear, always use sunscreen and drink lots of water
- Jumping / diving from the boat is highly dangerous, and not recommended. You do so at your own risk
Terms & Conditions of Service
In consideration of Rockfish supplying recreational services, including but not limited to boats and/or crew, for the purposes of or in connection with or incidental to, the pursuit of the recreational activity of sailing (“the Recreational Services”) and allowing you to participate in that recreational activity, you agree that you have read the conditions set out below and you agree to be bound by them:
- You engage in the recreational activity at your own risk
- You acknowledge that you have read this document in full, and that you acknowledge that the warning constitutes a risk warning under the Civil Liabilities Act, 2002. You also acknowledge that the risk warning has not been contradicted by any representation made by or on behalf of Rockfish.
- You will read all signs and follow all directions given by Rockfish or its employees, contractors, representatives or agents; and you will conduct yourself in a controlled manner at all times.
- You declare to Rockfish that you are in a fit and healthy state to undertake a recreational adventure activity of this nature and that you have no pre existing medical condition or injury which would adversely affect your competence on the boat or in the water.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law Rockfish excludes all liability to you by Rockfish, its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents; for any cause including for negligence and whether or not the loss or damage occurred to person or property.
- Where that liability cannot be excluded by law, Rockfish limits that liability to you to the maximum extent the law permits.
- Rockfish provides “Recreational Services” as defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and to the maximum extent permitted by that Act it excludes all liability to you, including but not limited to personal injury or death, arising out of any failure by it or its directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives or agents to comply with any consumer guarantees applying to those services.
- If you are under the age of 18 or under any disability you must be accompanied by a parent or another adult person who is responsible for you during the recreational activity.
- These conditions together with the risk warning below form the conditions of entry and use of the facilities, equipment and services of Rockfish.
- The skipper reserves the right to refuse entry of a passenger or require a passenger to disembark the vessel if is deemed to be intoxicated.
- Staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol and alcohol will be refused to any intoxicated passenger.
- Passengers will not bring any illegal substances on board.
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those 18 years of age or older.
- Offensive behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Passengers are encouraged to obey alcohol consumption RSA guidelines of no more than 6 standards drinks on any one day.
- Any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to the organiser’s credit card.
Additional Conditions of Service (Bucks Cruises Only)
- Bucks cruises have to be the first event of the bucks day.
- Intoxicated guests will not be allowed on board.
- Maximum cruise time is 3 hours.
- Rockfish does not operate night time bucks cruises.
- A $1,000 credit card bond will be held for all bucks cruises; any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to this card.
- The skipper reserves the right to cancel your cruise if our terms & conditions regarding offensive behaviour, use of alcohol and/or illegal substances are not abided by. No refund will be offered.
Booking & Refund Policy
- A deposit of 50% of the total charter fee is required to secure a booking. Until the deposit is paid, a booking cannot be guaranteed.
- The remaining balance of the charter fee must be paid 2-weeks prior to your cruise. If the balance has not been made within 10-days of the scheduled charter date, Rockfish reserves the right to cancel the cruise with no deposit refunded.
- Rockfish will freeze a $1,000 security bond on your credit card 1-3 working days prior your cruise. Your bond will be released 1-3 working days after your cruise. Any damages and breakages caused by passengers will be charged to this card. Bucks cruises only.
- All dates changes and cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
- Date changes / cancellations within 72 hours of the charter date incur a 100% fee, no refund will be offered.
- Date changes / cancellations between 72 hours and 10 days of the charter incur a 50% rescheduling / cancellation fee.
- Date changes / cancellations greater than 10 days of the charter incur a 25% rescheduling / cancellation fee.
- Should the weather conditions be deemed to be unsafe, Rockfish is obliged to reschedule the charter, no refund will be offered.
- Should there be any technical / mechanical or safety issues with the vessel, the option to reschedule the charter or a full refund will be offered.
- Should the Rockfish catamaran not be available for any reason on the date of the charter, a replacement vessel may be organised in its place.
- Passenger numbers are limited to 30-people maximum for Rockfish and 20-people for Rockfish II; this number includes children.
BYO Food Terms and Conditions
- All groups must bring a substantial amount of food to abide by the RSA.
- The BYO surcharge covers food/drinks and includes plastic plates, plastic cutlery, utensils, serving equipment.
Recreational activities (including sailing & swimming) involve a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury including permanent disability and/or death to participants. Any such injury or loss may result not only from your actions but from the action, omission or negligence of others. Please read and obey all signs and follow all directions given by the company or its employees, contractors, representatives or agents.